Saturday, September 18, 2010

UPDATE!!! They have moved Kahlia's surgery up one day - she is now scheduled for surgery on TUESDAY, Sept. 28 - a week from Tuesday. Her surgeon is going out of town the following week, and he wanted to have an extra day to "watch" and be available for Kahlia. That means we will have 4 hours of pre-op appts. the day before - including a tour of the PICU. I'm very grateful for a great team of Cardiologists up at OHSU. A young mom that we know in our area went through open heart surgery with her 2 year old son this past Wednesday, and they were discharged today. As the different Cardiologists were making their rounds, she told every one of them to take good care of Kahlia next week when she comes in. Every one of the doctors knew of Kahlia, and they all assured her that they would take good care of her - that is so cool! :-) Reality is beginning to set in though. I had a dream about her surgery last night - don't remember details, just remember waking up "unsettled". I'm praying for peace that passes all understanding - that's all I can ask for. Our kids are also showing signs of "stress" as we talk about her surgery. They feel so bad for her - this is tough for Scott and I to really process and take in, I can't imagine being a little one trying to process all of this - I feel so bad for Brendon, Makenna, and David! It's definitely a life changing experience for them - I did not have to deal with anything close to this at their age - but it's reality, and it can happen to any of us at any time. As long as they know they have a loving God wrapping His love around them through this time, and that He is in complete control of Kahlia's future, then they are as equipped as they can be for the upcoming days....
We finally had David's 6th birthday party yesterday after school. We waited until school started so he could invite his school friends. Not sure that was the best "mom decision" I ever made - but I am very grateful that it is now behind me!! It was COMPLETE chaos - 8 little boys plus 8 extra siblings/cousins - it made for a very LOUD house for 2 hours with 16 kids! It was raining for most of the party, so we had to be in the house the entire time. Let's just say, I'm glad David had a good time, but I sadly found myself looking at my watch willing the time to go by quickly!! But, it was all worth it to see David glow as he anticipated his party, as his friends began to arrive, as he opened his presents, and as he blew out the candles on his cake - absolutely precious and completely worth it! Kahlia didn't respond well to the noise and activity. She became completely inconsolable - to the point where we had to take her to the other end of the house where it's quiet, and we actually ended up putting her down for a second nap and she really slept! I think the stress level it was causing in her body fatigued her, and she fell asleep instantly when we put her in her bed. The poor thing! We are celebrating her birthday next Saturday evening - hopefully she won't respond the same way at her own party! We will not have very many loud squirrely boys, so all should be ok.
I got to watch Brendon's first football game today - and they won!! :-) He's a good little football player if I do say so myself! He had some good tackles, and even ran with the ball once or twice! :-) I get to watch one more game on Saturday, then it looks like I will be missing the rest of the season - I'm totally bummed. :-( I wanted to post some pictures from David's party and Brendon's game, but I have been using a different camera these past few weeks, and I can't figure out how to transfer the pictures onto the computer - if I did get them on, then I can't find them on my computer!!! Oh goodness -computers can be so wonderful, but they can be so frustrating if you don't know what you're doing!! Sadly, I fall into the second category more then I care to admit...oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment