Friday, September 10, 2010

Today has been a VERY long day. We checked in OHSU at 11:00am. Kahlia had nothing to eat since the night before, and couldn't drink past 10:00. They told me her Cardiac Cath would be at 1:00, but they didn't take her to surgery until 2:40 - grr... she was SO SO fussy for hours - I'm sure hungry and thirsty!! They gave her something to calm her so they could put the IV in, but by time the IV person came, it had worn off - she screamed through out the whole ordeal. I was SO frustrated that they didn't give her more "happy meds" to calm her down. Her nurse was at lunch, and the others didn't think about it. The actual procedure took 3 hours - and another hour passed before Dr. Armsby came to talk with me about her findings. She was reviewing the results the whole time. They were disturbing to her. Her pulmonary artery watching the actual footage of her heart beating completely closes off at one point. SCARY! It opens back up, but not near the size it should. She did see more small vessels in her left lung - something that she couldn't see last time. The right side they are much bigger. Don't ask me to explain why because I just don't know! Her O2 sats were very low afterward which also concerned Dr. Armsby. They were only in the mid 60's - last cardiac cath she was in the low 90's and even hit 100% once - what a difference between the two caths! They were ready to put her in ICU over night if she didn't come up. Finally - after she calmed down ( she cried for a very long time after whe woke up), and fell asleep again, her numbers began to go up to the mid 70's - praise the Lord!!! So, she didn't have to go to ICU, and she is being watched over night in the regular children's ward. I also got to meet Dr. Langley - which will be here surgeon for her open heart surgery. They were concerned, and said her surgery would possibly be early next week with out her being discharged from the hospital. However, if her numbers stay up in the 70's, then they may discharge her, and schedule her in the next couple of weeks - I will know more tomorrow morning. I really would like to be discharged tomorrow so I can go home and prepare for our month long stay here at the hospital. Also, Scott and I celebrate our 11th anniversary tomorrow on September 11. Also, we just sent out invitations to David's birthday party that is supposed to be next Friday evening - would hate to have to cancel that. Also, I was hoping to get her 2 year pictures taken before her surgery. We will see - Kahlia's health is most important at this point. I am SO SO tired - bed, here I am - take me away! :-)

1 comment:

  1. We are praying...please keep us updated, and please let us know if you need us to do anything here at home.

    ReplyDelete