Monday, September 20, 2010
































During our family devotions tonight, Makenna broke down crying because she didn't want me to be gone for so long...I have been so focused on Kahlia, and me missing my kids, I forgot that they might actually miss me too!!! It broke my heart to see her big tears. Afterward, I crawled into bed with her and had a good heart to heart. The tears went from tears for me to tears for Kahlia. She is getting really worked up about the upcoming surgery - she is really scared Kahlia's going to die. I tried to tell her not to focus on that and be sad for something that hasn't happened, but that's easier said then done -even for an adult. I told her to focus on the fact that this is actually a good thing - the surgery is making her BETTER - with out it she will die eventually - 100%. We (the doctors) are doing everything they can to get her through this thing - and she has already proven that she is a little fighter. I think next Tuesday will be a tough day for the kids at school - I hope their teachers understand. :-( I wish I could take the kids' fear away, their anxiety, their anxiousness. I wish I didn't have to be gone so long - I've never come close to being away from my kids this long before. Lord, grant me the peace I need to get me through these coming weeks.
An explanation of the photos...first picture is Kahlia with a play football helmet David got for his birthday from his Aunt Trisha and cousins. :-) Second, I accidentally uploaded the same picture twice, and I can't seem to delete it - I so cannot problem solve on a computer!! Anyway, the next photo is Scott and the kids playing "doctor" with our dog Symphony. She really did need a doctor - but Scott not wanting to pay a Vet bill, he decided to take matters into his own hands, we'll see how that goes...He brought gowns for the kids - mom stayed as far away as possible - she has a pretty severe wound that really needs attention - sigh...the next pictures are David with his Toy Story/Buzz Lightyear birthday cake, and David with all the friends at his party. There were seven friends plus David and 8 "others" - siblings and cousins. The last picture was taken the first day of school on September 7. Cute kids if you ask me! :-)








1 comment: