Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The weekend went well. Kahlia survived her first swim meet - an outdoor one at that! :-) She was so good, and there was hardly a moment when some kid didn't want to play with her! :-) We are all set for tomorrows aquathon for the three older kids from 4:00-5:30 - then we are off to my parents house. Kahlia needs to check into OHSU at 6:30am for her Cardiac Cath on Thursday morning. I am really praying all goes well. I am a little nervous - this is the moment of truth - when the doctors can really see what's going on with Kahlia's heart, and what and when they can surgically repair it. Last week Dr. Carlson (Kahlia's Cardiologist) told me there was a chance that after the surgeon looks at the results, he may refer her to another hospital. I said refer us out of OHSU? Where would she go? She said probably Stanford. I am REALLY hoping we don't have to do that. Not only would that be VERY inconvenient for all of us since my family is in the Portland area for easy access to OHSU, but that would also mean that her heart is in very bad shape, and they don't feel comfortable operating on her. My anxiety level is going up as the day approaches - please pray for wisdom for the doctors as they make very important decisions over this next week. Her future is literally in their hands...I will post again after her procedure on Thursday if I have access to a computer. Most likely she will be spending the night Thursday, and we will be coming home on Friday. David is the ring bearer in a wedding this Saturday - can't wait to see him in his cute little Tux! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your peace and for the Dr's to have wisdom and skill. Just keep doing the next thing. God will make your path straight!

    ReplyDelete