Sunday, June 6, 2010























Last night was the first night that Kahlia woke up screaming. She woke up 3 times before midnight - and I have no idea why. :-( I couldn't tell if it was a painful cry or an upset cry. I'm still learning those things!! I felt so helpless, but each time she calmed down pretty quickly when I came in, so I wonder if she was having bad dreams or something. Anyway, I feel so fortunate that that is not the "norm", and usually she is a GREAT little sleeper.
Her IV antibiotic seems to be going really well. Finally - a job that ONLY Scott can do. All those sleepless nights with my newborns was always my responsibility - it's kind of nice to have Scott set the alarm and have to get up at 6:00 to take the antibiotic out of the refrigerator, 6:30 to put it in, and 7:00 to take it out. Secretly it feels good to stay in bed! :-) Every day, 6:30, 2:30, and 10:30 - a pain? Yes - but we think it's working!! Friday will be our last day for her - and we take her in on Monday here in town to see if her ears are cleared up. If they are, then we can have her pick line removed - and plan on her Cardiac Catheterization Thursday, June 24. That gives her body a couple of weeks to make sure she is infection free.
Yesterday we spent 9 hours outside watching and playing baseball. Both boys had two games each, plus an end of the year BBQ for David, and parent/kid baseball game with Brendon's team, and an end of the year pizza party for Brendons team and families. Fun day for everyone! Kahlia took her nap in her playpen right outside while we watched Brendon's second game. She was a little trooper. :-) The boys had great days of baseball - we are VERY proud of them! :-) We are very proud of daddy (Scott) too...he played baseball - and he can barely walk today - I think it's been a few years since he used those muscles!!!! They made the parents bat their opposite hand, and we couldn't use a mit in the outfield. We all had a great time.
Today we took Kahlia to church for the first time. Makenna was SO EXCITED to have the same dress on as her. They were very cute - couldn't resist a quick picture before walking out the door of our two beautiful girls.
She went to church for the first time this morning - her and Makenna matched dresses - Makenna was SO excited! I bought Kahlia's before we got her, so I bought it a little big - but she was still cute just the same.














1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you guys <3! Kahlia and McKenna look so adorable! Awesome! I also saw the younger kids at the pizza place. They are getting so big, and Kahlia is so adorable!
    God bless -
    Talia

    He is faithful

    ReplyDelete