Thursday, June 24, 2010

So here I sit watching Kahlia sleep at night in the hospital. Her cath went well today, and they have a better idea of how her heart is working. Good news, the surgery will be done here at OHSU - there was a chance we were going to have to go to Stanford - so glad we don't have to do that!!! Because she is a year older then most kids with her congenital heart defect (Tetrology of Fallot), her recovery time will most likely be longer. They told us today that we should expect to be here 10-14 days - ouch!! That is going to be a VERY LONG 2 weeks!
Her oxygen stats have been on the lower side all day today - averaging only in the mid 60's. One of the Cardiologists told me that if her stats continue like that through the night, we may leave here tomorrow with her attached to an oxygen tank until her surgery - that doesn't sound like fun - I'm sensing a pattern here - I'm not looking forward to the next 3-4 weeks!! But then again - what do I have to complain about - it's poor Kahlia that has to go through all of this - I can't even imagine what she will go through. We will find out Monday or Tuesday when her surgery will be.
At one point tonight the nurses could not find a pulse in her right foot. That was the side her cath went in so they were a little concerned. Her foot was warm so they knew blood was going through there, but they have to be really careful to check for blood clots. Luckily - with the help of a doppler machine - they heard the pulse - a little unnerving to say the least!
Eventually I will post some pictures of her here in the hospital - she had some cute moments, and some not so cute moments. I choose to remember the cute moments BEFORE the cath! :-) It's amazing how many wires are hooked up to her right now!
I am SO tired! As I type, I can hardly keep my eyes open. So tired - it's been a long couple of day. Ready for some rest!:-)

3 comments:

  1. praying for rest for you all.

    thanks so much for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such a trooper!! So glad you guys don't have to leave OHSU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the cath went well! Praying for your peace and patience. Rest in Him. Before you know it, this will be a memory. <3

    ReplyDelete