Saturday, May 1, 2010

Left at 7:30 this morning to spend some good one on one time with Brendon. Went to Cozy Kitchen for breakfast and Kaffe 101 for a nice coffee for me and a caramel steamer for Brendon. We had a nice time playing the card game "war" and talking a little more about our upcoming changes in our family. I know he ate up this time, enjoyed it immensely, which is exactly what he needed with how his life will change in the next couple of weeks. I encouraged him by saying what a unique position he was in as her "big brother". I told him that because he is 8 years older then Kahlia, they will probably never really fight. She will always absolutely adore him, and what an amazing place for him to be in - a little sister that loves everything he does! He had this big smile on his face - with out even realizing that he did! I saw a little light in his eye when I was telling him this - I'm planting seeds of hope and fun - so he doesn't just see the "negatives" of how his little world will never be the same again. He's going to do great - it's all about learning life's lessons of 1)learning to adjust as the world changes around you 2) being flexible 3) realizing that there is ALWAYS enough love to go around 4) there are more people in this family then just him 5) that life is what you make it. Over all - I think I got my point across, and he IS going to be just fine. :-) He's definitely more high maintenance then the other kids, but recognizing that this is how God made him and capitalizing on his strengths - will do us all good! :-)

I am SO excited to go. Can't wait to get her in my arms. I hope this week goes by fast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment