Wednesday, April 21, 2010

YEA!!! Wednesday, April 21 - we passed our final hurdle. We got verbal confirmation that we passed ICPC, and we are FREE TO MAKE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS!!! :-) It is all so very exciting, but honestly, there are mixed emotions going on in our household right now. Brendon is having a really tough time with all this change happening at the same time. He's not used to Scott being gone so much with his campaign duties, he no longer has his own room as of Sunday night, and now his biggest fear is that we will no longer have ANY time to spend with him. He just wants everything to go back to the way it was. Real, valid feelings the poor guy. He actually cried in my arms today. :-( We had a good heart to heart, and I promised that when he needs some "talk" time, that I will make sure to give him the individual time that he needs - and that's a promise I intend to keep! His love language is "time" - as is mine - so I understand completely how he feels. After our really nice heart to heart talk - I asked him if he felt better about everything, and he said - yes - 75% better! I feel pretty good about that.
Hopefully tomorrow we will find out the actualy day we will be flying out, and then we see if we can actually get those tickets free! :-) In just over 2 weeks, she will be in our arms. SO MUCH TO DO BEFORE WE GO! Scott's dad flies in tomorrow from Arizona for 5 days, Makenna's birthday party is on Saturday, a few more documents to get notarized...oh my!
I had my first dream last night about going to her orphanage and seeing her for the first time. It was a really good dream, we'll see how the "real experience" goes! Ready, set, here we go for a wild ride! :-)
Good night all - I'm sleepy, but will close out my day with a happy heart. Thank you Lord!

5 comments:

  1. Michelle - this is so exciting. I can't wait to hear more and see pictures when you return. I will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! Thank You, LORD, for sure!!
    Praying for you all you you make arrangements.
    Please let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be praying especially hard for Brendon as he adjusts to changes.

    So, we want to get some little small gifts for each of your kids to welcome little sis home. Any suggestions for them? (Especially Brendon?)

    So very excited for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting time. The wait is almost over. I pray that as soon as you have her in your arms all the pain of the labor in waiting will totally disappear. All you will feel is peace and joy. It is all in God's perfect time that He gives you this precious gift of love.

    Praying for you and family. Love you. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for all the encouraging words ladies! :-)

    ReplyDelete