Friday, April 9, 2010

Another week - still waiting...it's been 16 days since we heard we passed court. I'm always optimistic that for ONCE we just may get a break and something will go faster then expected, but as time usually does, it brings you back to reality that no - EVERY step of the way is SLOW! I'm hopeful, excited, and fully confident that we do not see the whole picture, and God really is in control of what is best for us - including His perfect timing! I feel so blessed. I have an amazing family. A husband who works so hard for us, loves us, takes such good care of us, and have three beautiful children who pray for their new sister every day. Brendon isn't looking forward to having to share a room, but to me that is all part of learning to make compromises and sacrifices to be the family that God wants us to be. It's good and I know it's going to be ok. I am still very hopeful that before the end of May we will have our little girl in our arms. There is A LOT to do before she comes! Washing and preparing all of Makennas old clothes (I knew being a pack rat would come in handy someday!). Getting the boys settled in their room together, and the endless amount of paper work to have prepared and ready to take with us to India. I am beyond excited, and yet I am beginning to feel a little nervous. Will the bonding process go quick? How long will she cry when she sees us? Will she cry? How do we feed her? WHAT do we feed her? I worry about her heart and her upcoming surgery - how long will she be in pain? I feel sadness for her and what she will be going through really soon...a new home, a new life, new people, a FAMILY, a very serious open heart surgery, cleft palate surgery, new food, new smells, new opportunities, pretty much new everything! Yes, they are good things, but in the mind of a 20 month old that doesn't understand what is happening to her, it will be traumatic. I feel sadness just thinking about what she will be going through really soon. Yet, I can't wait for her to adjust to her new life. She is going to feel better then she has her whole life after she recovers from surgery. She will have more energy, and will be able to walk! I love you little Kahlia, and I can't wait to hold you... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment