Sunday, October 3, 2010










I didn't get a chance to post last night because Scott and the kids surprised me by showing up at the hospital around 7:30 last night. What a blessing!! :-) It brought tears to my eyes to see my whole family together again - when I wasn't expecting it! I thought I was going to not see them until next weekend.




Yesterday was a fairly uneventful day - in fact so much so that Scott and I began to get worried about Kahlia. She was completely unresponsive, though her eyes were open. She was tracking us, her eyes dialating, and yet she did absolutely nothing. We are hoping that when her blood pressure got really really low a few nights ago, it didn't cause damage to her brain. I didn't sleep well last night just thinking about the possibility of something being wrong with her cogitively - it's not a fun thing to think about. So this morning, I woke up early not able to sleep, and snuck out of the room while everyone else was sleeping, and walked over to Kahlia at 6:45 this morning. I just looked at her, held her as best I could, and really really prayed over her - I wanted to see something that let me know that she's ok inside her little head. Within just a few minutes of my prayers, she looked at me and did the sign for drink. She didn't do that once yesterday, in fact she hadn't done that since her first two completely crazy days. I was so grateful to see her do that - I just started crying and thanking the Lord that yes, I THINK she's going to be ok. We believe those first 2 days of craziness was linked to medication. We now know that Versed is not a good drug for Kahlia - it mad her completely go out of control.




The doctors seemed please with her progress today at rounds. We gave her a few sips of drink and she even grabbed the cup herself. :-) Also, we fed her a few bites of applesauce - and she was able to swallow well. I will be feeling really good about the progress she is making when she starts to show more signs of being alert and aware. She is still being pretty drugged with morphine - which could cause her to be more withdrawn. Also they say that when little ones are in pain, they tend to stay withdrawn to help with the pain. As long as that is true, I'm ok. As far as the actual healing and recovering of her heart and systems, the doctors are very pleased. They said she may be moved out of the PICU sooner then later. WOW!!! She is making good progress. I am so grateful- I want to go home! :-)

1 comment:

  1. oh michelle, this post and pictures brought tears to my eyes. So many are praying for your family and little Kahlia!!

    ReplyDelete