Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Brendon went right to Kahlia after the game and gave her a big kiss and hug - he didn't get to really talk with her before the game since I got there after his warm up began - I love to see how much her loves her!! :-)
My two favorite girls - love them! :-)

The family united - a fun surprise - glad to be home! :-)
What a whirlwind the past few days have been. I feel blessed to just be home, and back to our normal routine. We left the hospital early afternoon on Friday. My one agenda was to find a good solid pair of shoes for Kahlia to help with her stability for standing and eventually walking. She's got a ways to go, but it is fun watching her get stronger by the day. She is doing GREAT! I found a pair of shoes at Stride Rite (expensive, but hopefully worth it!), then spent the evening at my parents house in Sherwood. They were celebrating their 60th birthdays with a weekend away that us four girls put together for them, so I had the house to myself. I was worried how Kahlia would do sleeping. After the past several nights of crying OFTEN through out the night for no apparent reason (except the constant beeps and unannounced visits from nurses and "blood suckers"), I was worried that she would be dependent on me even after leaving the hospital. Though I stayed at the Ronald McDonald house after her first 2 nights in the PICU, once she moved upstairs where it was quieter and darker, I stayed in the room with her. Sure enough, first night out of the hospital, she slept wonderfully. She woke up twice with 3 sec. cries, then right back to sleep she would go. Now, at home in her own bed, she doesn't wake up at all - AWESOME!
The reunion with Scott and the kids was great. I wasn't able to get home before they had to leave for Brendon's football game, so I met them there before the game. I saw Scott first, then we found Makenna and David, and then we took Brendon out of warm ups briefly so he could see her. He didn't really spend time with her until after the game - he was too focused on his game to show a lot of emotion ahead of time. The kids were so excited to see us - what a wonderful feeling - to be missed, and so grateful to be home! :-)
She has her follow up appt. with her PCP tomorrow, and a follow up with her Cardiologist at OHSU toward the end of the month. We are now in contact with Cranio Facial team at OHSU which will be doing Kahlia's cleft palate surgery hopefully in December. We will be having a pre-op appt. sometime near Thanksgiving. I will be glad when we have all this medical "stuff" behind us! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment