Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tuesday, Kahlia and I drove to Eugene for her Cardiology appointment with Dr. Carlson - her Cardiologist. From a Cardiology stand point - she couldn't be better. She had 99% oxygen, and she continues to grow - slowly but surely. She is now just over 21 lbs. She's gained almost 5 lbs. in 10 months. Hopefully after we get rid of her Giardia parasite - we will see a more dramatic weight gain...we finished her 5th treatment on Tuesday, but we have to wait 2 weeks before we retest her. I am no longer optimistic...we'll see I guess.

The honeymoon period is officially over. Though Kahlia is as lovable as ever, she is officially exhausting!!! She is into absolutely everything - most recently, she has an infatuation with markers - she writes on her arms, legs, clothes, walls, chairs, couches, and cabinets - you name it, she's probably marked on it. Exhausting beyond words....Scott learned today on the internet that toothpaste can take permanent marker off of wood - good to know - will definitely come in handy in our household! So - washable and permanent markers alike are no longer allowed ANYWHERE that Kahlia can reach - because if she can reach them, she WILL find them. Toys are now boring - CD's, DVD's, kitchen drawers, and the kid's "stuff" is much more exciting then her "boring" toys that we have all over our living room for her!! Looking forward to this stage passing right on by!!

Her hearing aids aren't going so well. I barely put them in her ears because they don't fit well, and fall out constantly. I will only let her wear them when she's at home, and since most of our days are either spent out at her appointments, the other kids' activities, or home taking her nap, she doesn't get the chance to wear them all that much!

Life seems hard right now, I'm hanging on in survival mode - but I am very grateful to be right where I am going through exactly what I am. God is my anchor, and I will continue to keep on keeping on, because that's what I'm called to do!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment