Thursday, August 19, 2010

Today Kahlia had an appointment with Dr. McKelvey, and her oxygen sats are getting lower and lower. Today it was between 68 and 72%. Not so good. :-( She will let Dr. Carlson (her Cardiologist at OHSU) know and we may be doing another Cardiac Cath to balloon open the arteries again and putting in a stent. We'll probably know more in the next week or so. Yesterday, she completely emptied TWO packages of wipes all over the floor. The little stinker was acting like a normal mischievious almost 2 year old!! I was almost happy to see her do it - it means she is doing "normal" things. :-) Exploring, discovering, testing the boundaries. Her favorite "testing of the boundaries" is the removal of her hair bows. It has been my constant battle that I refuse to give up on. She looks so cute with her little bows, and we go around and around. She knows she is doing a "no no" because as soon as she takes it out, she looks at me and points her finger which is what I do to her when I say "no no"!! It's cute, but I can't let her know it's cute!
Next Wednesday is her ESD evaluation. Can't wait to get started on her speech and physical therapy. They will also be giving her a hearing test next friday - it will be interesting to see how much hearing loss she has from all her infections. Also, DiGeorge kids tend to have some hearing loss also - so between the two - the odds are not in her favor - we will see.
A lot is up in the air right now. We are just living one day at a time - enjoying each moment as they come. Today is David's birthday - he is now 6 years old. I love my little guy and the blessing that he is to our family - I can't imagine life with out David - he keeps our home lively and loud - but I wouldn't want it any other way. God is good, and I am so grateful for each one of my family. I am blessed. :-)

1 comment: