Thursday, June 11, 2009

We received Kahlia's CSR!

Yesterday, June 10, we received Kahlia's official CSR for us to sign!! Today, I have to take care of some final paperwork, copy her official picture (she is adorable), and tomorrow before leaving on vacation, we need to notarize the documents. This is it! Over our vacation, Scott and I are going to hopefully get one of our two course works done that have to be completed before we travel to India. It's called With Eyes Open Wide. It is a workbook for adoptive parents to help them understand and get a better picture of what the transition will be like for the little one as they leave everything they know, to a new culture, new smells, new people, new food, new surroundings, and actually receiving consistent love!! I am SO very excited!! Please pray that Kahlia will feel loved, that her health will stay consistent, and that there will be no hang ups as our dossier is being reviewed and processed in India. Thanks for praying! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Michelle--It's very exciting. Having recently adopted a little girl from Haiti ourselves, I can empathize with all of the steps in the journey. Having also recently traveled to India, I love that part of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Michelle! I'm so glad you're sharing more of your journey here. Congratulations to your family!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a neat phase of life. Congrats on this new addition. She sounds precious. I'm glad I'll be able to track your updates here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to pray that the passport process is a lot faster than they say!! I'm so glad you're blogging so we can follow along!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete