Wednesday, July 7, 2010

We found out yesterday that Kahlia did not have an ear infection after all. It was just normal skin bacteria that was oozing out of her ear??! Not sure how normal that is, but then again - has anything been normal with Kahlia? I think not! So - that was a blessing and answer to prayer. But, because they already cancelled her her normal surgery date, we are still planning on the new date - Thursday, July 22. Found out yesterday when I called Doernbecher to see about uping the date, that Kahlia's Cardiologist was a in car accident Monday night, and will be out the rest of this week. Luckily it wasn't too serious since she'll be back next week - thank goodness!
Today I took Kahlia into Bay Area Hospital for her ACTH Stimulation test. They draw some blood to get a baseline cortisol level, inject "something", wait approximately 30 minutes, then draw more blood to see what her cortisol level was then. The purpose of the test is to see how her body will respond to stress, and if she has the correct "stress" hormone level to withstand her upcoming surgery. If she does not, then they have to give her a hormone supplement to elevate the hormone level so she can handle the stress of the surgery. I am learning so much through this process, but I still don't really know exactly what all they are doing! She didn't like being poked too much - neither did I - I can barely stand the sight of blood - I had to leave the room...Anyway, she made it through - and so did I - one step closer - yea! :-)
Brendon has his State meet this weekend in Albany. Looking forward to our family camping in the pool parking lot with our motorhome and praying that Brendon swims real fast! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment